Turning Point Orenda Detox Program (TPOD)
Manager: Donna Sutton
Phone: (707) 565-7460
TPOD is a 3-5 day non-medical detoxification program where adults under the influence of alchol
and/or drugs can safely withdraw from the ill effects of intoxification*. Trained staff
specializing in alcohol and drug detoxification, relapse prevention and assessment, and
referrals support the program. Clients are assisted through the detoxification process
with rest, proper diet and education about the disease of addiction.
The program offers the following services:
- 24-hour Support
- Alcohol/Drug Education
- Relapse Prevention Education
During the detoxification process, every effort is made to engage clients in longer-term treatment to promote recovery from alcoholism and addiction.
The program operates 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Clients MAY be allowed an extended Detox stay after consultation with the Detox Team.
HOPE HEALTH HEALING
It is BIOGENETIC
It is a PRIMARY Illness
- You don't choose to acquire it.
- A family history of drug/alcohol problems puts you at greater risk.
It is a CHRONIC Illness
- If you have chemical dependency, it's not a symptom of some other problem.
- If you have chemical dependency and other problems, your chemical dependency will interfere with treatment for other problems unless the chemical dependency is also treated.
It is a PROGRESSIVE Illness
- It won't go away because you ignore it, don't like it or don't want to believe you have it.
- It's not "just a phase".
If left Untreated, Addiction can be FATAL
- Without treatment it will eventually get worse.
- It usually gets worse more quickly for women and young people.
- Drinking and driving
- Overdose/alcohol poisoning
- Organ Failure