PROGRAMS & SERVICES
The Drug Abuse Alternatives Center (DAAC) offers a wide range of treatment programs and services at more than 15 locations
throughout Sonoma County including: Residential, Outpatient, School-based, Methadone, and Perinatal, and HIV/hepatitis C Health Services.
According to the latest survey, the following outcomes were met for clients completing treatment at DAAC:
- 70-79% use no drugs, and up to 90% reduce or stop both their alcohol and drug use after completion of treatment
- A majority of clients are employed, with close to 80% who are employed, participating in job training and/or on job search
- 80-85% had no new arrests or probation violations for at least six months
HOPE HEALTH HEALING
It is BIOGENETIC
It is a PRIMARY Illness
- You don't choose to acquire it.
- A family history of drug/alcohol problems puts you at greater risk.
It is a CHRONIC Illness
- If you have chemical dependency, it's not a symptom of some other problem.
- If you have chemical dependency and other problems, your chemical dependency will interfere with treatment for other problems unless the chemical dependency is also treated.
It is a PROGRESSIVE Illness
- It won't go away because you ignore it, don't like it or don't want to believe you have it.
- It's not "just a phase".
If left Untreated, Addiction can be FATAL
- Without treatment it will eventually get worse.
- It usually gets worse more quickly for women and young people.
- Drinking and driving
- Overdose/alcohol poisoning
- Organ Failure