DAAC needs your TIME, TALENT and RESOURCES.
Are you searching for ways to give back or want to help people in your community?
Would you like to get more involved with DAAC, but do not know how?
Do you have 2-6 hours/month of your time to offer?
We rely on a dedicated group of volunteers to help us. Join the DAAC team! We are now accepting applications of interest for: Board of Directors, Fundraising/Mailings/Special Events, Office projects, Cleaning/Painting and as Mentors for our clients.
We also have a need for volunteer outreach work in our SHARP (Sonoma County Hepatitis AIDS Risk Reduction Program) syringe exchange for those wanting to work directly with the community.
For more information, please contact:
Carley Moore, Outpatient Services Director -- (707) 544-3295 ext. 349.
Darryl Smith, Residential Services Director -- (707) 284-2950
HOPE HEALTH HEALING
It is BIOGENETIC
It is a PRIMARY Illness
- You don't choose to acquire it.
- A family history of drug/alcohol problems puts you at greater risk.
It is a CHRONIC Illness
- If you have chemical dependency, it's not a symptom of some other problem.
- If you have chemical dependency and other problems, your chemical dependency will interfere with treatment for other problems unless the chemical dependency is also treated.
It is a PROGRESSIVE Illness
- It won't go away because you ignore it, don't like it or don't want to believe you have it.
- It's not "just a phase".
If left Untreated, Addiction can be FATAL
- Without treatment it will eventually get worse.
- It usually gets worse more quickly for women and young people.
- Drinking and driving
- Overdose/alcohol poisoning
- Organ Failure