DAAC CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Any and all interested candidates should apply via,
All other queries should be directed to:
Marsha Stewart-Wilson, Human Resources Generalist
For additional information or questions, please email Marsha Stewart-Wilson, Human Resources Generalist.
Center Point DAAC
Drug Abuse Alternatives Center
2403 Professional Drive, Ste. 102
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Fax: (707) 571-2238
We are actively seeking applicants interested in gaining valuable experience as an Alcohol & Drug treatment counselor.
For newly certified AOD counselors, this is an amazing opportunity to develop personal and professional growth.
Center Point DAAC (The Drug Abuse Alternatives Center), a Sonoma County based non-profit, Behavioral Health agency, seeks a qualified and experienced individual responsible for oversight, management and implementation of the fiscal functions of the organization.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated prior experience with non-profit financial management. Reports directly to the agency Executive leader.
- Maintains agency financial records in accordance with GAAP
- Oversees all agency accounting functions
- Works closely with the Senior Management team to fulfill fiscal internal and external reporting requirements, including County, State and Federal contracts
- Establishes and oversees fiscal and administrative systems and internal controls to ensure compliance with any applicable laws and adherence to best practices
- Oversees, employee payroll, time off accrual, retirement plan, medical benefits and other employee benefits
- Full responsibility for all accounting functions including: accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, general ledger entry and reconciliation, cash flow management, overseeing audits, monthly financial statements, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Prepares financial reports and budgets for grant applications in collaboration with management staff; maintains accounting systems to track and allocate expenditures to specific cost centers. Oversees monthly invoices to funding agencies and manages government fiscal audits and renewals
- Prepares annual budget in collaboration with Senior Management Team
- Closes and prepares financial reports for management and Board of Directors.( monthly)
- Manages current and long-term liabilities including credit cards, line of credit (if applicable) and mortgages and leases. Ensures timely payments and adherence to terms of agreements.
- Oversight of payroll with outside payroll service including employee payroll garnishments. Records payrolls in the general ledger and maintains systems to allocate wages and employer taxes across programs and funding sources
- Reconciliation of quarterly payroll, payroll tax reports and annual 1099 forms
- Prepares local govt. forms such as annual property tax welfare exemption and business registration renewal
- Develops and implements an annual and weekly work plan
- Liaison with insurance brokers and applicable reporting for workers comp, liability and medical malpractice policies.
- Compilation of county cost reports and budgets
- Cost accounting
- Abilla MIP fiscal software or equivalent
- 403 b administration
- Experience with risk management and assuring all insurance coverage adequately protects the agencies assets.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with background in accounting preferred or Master's Degree in a related field.( e.g. MBA, MPA in Nonprofit management)
- A minimum of ten+ years of finance /accounting experience, with a minimum of five + years in a management capacity.
- At least five years of non-profit accounting experience, including government contract preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exempt 40 hours per week/Salaried. Compensation: Based on Experience. Eligible for Benefits (Medical/Dental/Paid Time Off)
- Cover letter, addressing experience as outlined in the job advertisement
- Updated Resume
or email cover letter and resume to John Challis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your submission "Finance Director (Non-Profit) - Santa Rosa"
Alcohol and Drug Counselors
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is recognized as a leader in providing exemplary Alcohol and Other Drug Services providing best practice treatment services for individuals and families. Our mission is Turing Lives Around By Providing Healthy Alternatives to Alcohol and Other Drug Use. Center Point DAAC employees are committed to the values of service, integrity, excellence and teamwork.
Center Point DAAC is currently recruiting full time and part time AOD Counselors for our Residential and Outpatient Treatment facilities. The current openings are;
Counselors assist participants in evaluating needs, develop an individual treatment plan and participate in case management.
- Methadone Counselor - Redwood Empire Addictions Program
- AOD Counselor - Residential Services
- Detox Counselor - Turning Point Orenda Detox
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Alcohol and Drug Certification (California State Approved)
- Training and work experience should clearly demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including adolescents and their families
- Experience providing services to clients from criminal justice referrals
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience delivering evidence-based practices.
- Ability to pass a criminal justice screening process (live-scan)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record
- Knowledge of addiction, case management, crisis intervention, client centered counseling and group facilitation
- Knowledge of community resources and services is an advantage
- Flexible hours, and short notice availability is highly preferred
- Experience working with a mixed gender treatment population
- We are currently recruiting for both bilingual and English only applicants
or fax cover letter, resume and certification/registration to "AOD Counselors" (707) 571-2238
Health Services HIV/HCV Testing Counselor
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is seeking one part-time HIV/HCV Testing Counselor. This position will work as a member of an outreach, testing and counseling team. The position also includes working in our Syringe Exchange Program.
Redwood Empire Addictions Program
- Education and/or experience which demonstrates knowledge of HIV/HCV/AIDS, addiction and treatment.
- Understands OraQuick Rapid HIV Testing Guidelines and Quality Assurance protocols.
- Experience in community health outreach work with a focus in substance abuse and recovery.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of harm and risk reduction approaches and linkages to care
- Knowledge to provide informational and educational sessions to individuals at treatment programs and in the community.
- Knowledge of public health programs, and community resources available in Sonoma County.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Education and/or experience which demonstrates knowledge of HIV/HCV/AIDS, addiction and treatment.
- HIV Testing Certificate by the Office of AIDS
- Valid California Driver's License with a good driving record
- Responsible for safe transport of biohazard materials
Position is 25 hours per week and works evenings and/or weekends where high-risk population may be found.
Please submit resume, cover letter and license and/or certification to Human Resources via email at email@example.com or fax at (707) 571-2238. Please indicate "Health Services HIV/HCV Testing Counselor" on all correspondence.
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, bilingual and bi cultural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
or fax cover letter, resume and certification to "Testing Counselor" at (707) 571-2238.
On-Call Methadone Dispenser
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) Redwood Empire Addictions Program (REAP) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position: On-Call Methadone Dispenser - We are looking for a Psych Tech/RN/LVN to be available on-call to fill-in for employee absence.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the preparation/administration of medication and maintenance of records for REAP patients during clinic hours. Candidates must be comfortable in a harm-reductive setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Prepares, dispenses and cleans up after daily medication dispensing. Evaluates side effects and patient's reactions to medication on a daily basis. Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of medication inventory. Maintains accurate and thorough reconciliation of medication inventory. Responsible for the thorough and accurate documentation of Physician's orders. Apprises Medical Director of changes in patient's medical condition Participates in staff meeting on a quarterly basis to stay connected to client care.
Availability needed for early morning hours within hours of operation: Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Training schedule is TBD.
Center Point DAAC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, bilingual and bi-cultural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
or fax to "On-Call Methadone Dispenser" (707) 571-2238
HOPE HEALTH HEALING
It is BIOGENETIC
It is a PRIMARY Illness
- You don't choose to acquire it.
- A family history of drug/alcohol problems puts you at greater risk.
It is a CHRONIC Illness
- If you have chemical dependency, it's not a symptom of some other problem.
- If you have chemical dependency and other problems, your chemical dependency will interfere with treatment for other problems unless the chemical dependency is also treated.
It is a PROGRESSIVE Illness
- It won't go away because you ignore it, don't like it or don't want to believe you have it.
- It's not "just a phase".
If left Untreated, Addiction can be FATAL
- Without treatment it will eventually get worse.
- It usually gets worse more quickly for women and young people.
- Drinking and driving
- Overdose/alcohol poisoning
- Organ Failure