DAAC CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Any and all interested candidates should apply via,
All other queries should be directed to:
Marsha Stewart-Wilson, Human Resources Generalist
For additional information or questions, please email Marsha Stewart-Wilson, Human Resources Generalist.
Center Point DAAC
Drug Abuse Alternatives Center
2403 Professional Drive, Ste. 102
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Fax: (707) 571-2238
We are actively seeking applicants interested in gaining valuable experience as an Alcohol & Drug treatment counselor.
For newly certified AOD counselors, this is an amazing opportunity to develop personal and professional growth.
Alcohol and Drug Counselors
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is recognized as a leader in providing exemplary Alcohol and Other Drug Services providing best practice treatment services for individuals and families. Our mission is Turing Lives Around By Providing Healthy Alternatives to Alcohol and Other Drug Use. Center Point DAAC employees are committed to the values of service, integrity, excellence and teamwork.
Center Point DAAC is currently recruiting full time and part time AOD Counselors for our Residential and Outpatient Treatment facilities. The current openings are;
Counselors assist participants in evaluating needs, develop an individual treatment plan and participate in case management.
- AOD Counselor - Turning Point Residential Program
- AOD Counselor - Outpatient Services
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is an equal opportunity employer.
- Alcohol and Drug Certification (California State Approved)
- Training and work experience should clearly demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals, including adolescents and their families
- Experience providing services to clients from criminal justice referrals
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience delivering evidence-based practices.
- Ability to pass a criminal justice screening process (live-scan)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record
- Knowledge of addiction, case management, crisis intervention, client centered counseling and group facilitation
- Knowledge of community resources and services is an advantage
- Flexible hours, and short notice availability is highly preferred
- Experience working with a mixed gender treatment population
- We are currently recruiting for both bilingual and English only applicants
or fax cover letter, resume and certification/registration to "AOD Counselors" (707) 571-2238
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is seeking one full-time outreach Counselor. This position will work as a member of an outreach, testing and counseling team. The position also includes working in our Syringe Exchange Program.
Redwood Empire Addictions Program
- Education and/or experience which demonstrates knowledge of HIV/HCV/AIDS, addiction and treatment.
- Open to learning about OraQuick Rapid HIV Testing Guidelines and Quality Assurance protocols.
- Experience or desire to work in community health outreach work with a focus in substance use disorder treatment, HIV/HCV/AIDS, and recovery.
- Demonstrates an understanding of harm reduction in substance abuse treatment and/or health concerns regarding addiction, HIV/HCV/AIDS and linking people to medical care
- Capable of providing informational and educational sessions to individuals at treatment programs and in the community.
- Knowledge of public health programs, and community resources available in Sonoma County.
- Bilingual welcome
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- A willingness to learn and educate self on HIV/HCV/AIDS, addiction and treatment.
- Experience in providing educational information to groups and individuals
- Willing to attend training to become HIV Testing Certified by the Office of AIDS
- Valid California Driver's License with a good driving record
Position is 40 hours per week and willing to work some evenings and some weekends (1-5 per year) when special events are scheduled.
Please submit resume, cover letter and license and/or certification to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (707) 571-2238. Please indicate "Outreach Counselor" on all correspondence.
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, bilingual and bi cultural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
or fax cover letter, resume and certification to "Outreach Counselor" at (707) 571-2238.
On-Call Methadone Dispenser
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) Redwood Empire Addictions Program (REAP) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position: On-Call Methadone Dispenser - We are looking for a Psych Tech/RN/LVN to be available on-call to fill-in for employee absence.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the preparation/administration of medication and maintenance of records for REAP patients during clinic hours. Candidates must be comfortable in a harm-reductive setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Prepares, dispenses and cleans up after daily medication dispensing. Evaluates side effects and patient's reactions to medication on a daily basis. Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of medication inventory. Maintains accurate and thorough reconciliation of medication inventory. Responsible for the thorough and accurate documentation of Physician's orders. Apprises Medical Director of changes in patient's medical condition Participates in staff meeting on a quarterly basis to stay connected to client care.
Availability needed for early morning hours within hours of operation: Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Training schedule is TBD.
Center Point DAAC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, bilingual and bi-cultural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
or fax to "On-Call Methadone Dispenser" (707) 571-2238
Class B Driver
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) has an opening for a Full Time Driver at the Turning Point Residential Program. This is a full time position with medical, dental, vacation and sick time benefits. The driver works 36 hours per week, Monday through Friday, afternoon and evening shifts.
The Residential Driver coordinates the safe and timely transportation of residential clients to and from appointments, meetings, recreational outings, and other destinations. The Residential Driver maintains efficient vehicle maintenance records, and sees that all vehicles are kept safe, clean, and fully operational at all times. The Residential Driver is responsible for seeing that all safety regulations and residential program rules are observed by passengers at all times.
All applicants must have some transportation experience, a valid CA Class B drivers license with a passenger endorsement and are subject to DMV and fingerprint clearances. Applicants should have a basic knowledge of addiction and treatment and must demonstrate strong organizational skills. All candidates must demonstrate the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with residents and staff both on and off duty, possess good written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to maintain productive work relationships with residents, employees, the public and other external agencies.
Center Point DAAC (Drug Abuse Alternatives Center) is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, bilingual and bicultural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
or fax to "Class B Driver" (707) 571-2238
HOPE HEALTH HEALING
It is BIOGENETIC
It is a PRIMARY Illness
- You don't choose to acquire it.
- A family history of drug/alcohol problems puts you at greater risk.
It is a CHRONIC Illness
- If you have chemical dependency, it's not a symptom of some other problem.
- If you have chemical dependency and other problems, your chemical dependency will interfere with treatment for other problems unless the chemical dependency is also treated.
It is a PROGRESSIVE Illness
- It won't go away because you ignore it, don't like it or don't want to believe you have it.
- It's not "just a phase".
If left Untreated, Addiction can be FATAL
- Without treatment it will eventually get worse.
- It usually gets worse more quickly for women and young people.
- Drinking and driving
- Overdose/alcohol poisoning
- Organ Failure